Mountains and Sacred Landscapes
An International Conference of the
International Society for the Study of Religion, Nature and Culture
Co-sponsored and hosted by:
India China Institute, The New School
In partnership with:
Center for Latin American and Latino Studies, American University
International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development
April 20 – 23, 2017
The New School, New York City
Travel Assistance Awards
** Extended Application Deadline – October 10, 2016 at 5:00pm EST **
ISSRNC Travel Awards will provide travel grants worth $300-$1000, plus complimentary meeting registration costs, on a competitive basis to ISSRNC members who demonstrate financial need and a desire to participate in the conference with an accepted place within a session. Students and international scholars are especially encouraged to apply.
Applicants should prepare as a single Microsoft Word Document:
- A letter (600 words max.) that
- References the title or titles of your paper(s) (individual submission or with a panel, and that panel’s title) or alternative format panel title and mode of participation, and
- Describes your current employment status and financial need, including estimated travel costs and availability of institutional travel support, if applicable.
- A current CV (6 pages max.) and then
- Select the applicable convention to format the name of the file:
To submit the application, you must do two things:
- On the proposal form at the prompt: ”Requesting A Travel Grant” please select: “Yes, I will submit a letter requesting travel aid with a CV.” Please note, selecting this option is not the equivalent of applying for travel aid and that the proposal form must be completed and submitted by October 10, 2016, 5:00 pm EST.
- Applicants should email the file as described above, with the subject line: “Travel Aid Grant Application #MTNSL2017 LastName” to Mark Peterson: email@example.com. The body of the email should:
a) State your last and first name, your status as a student, student and international scholar, international scholar or with no reference to a status, and
b) Reference the title or titles of your paper(s) (individual submission or with a panel and that panel’s title) or alternative format panel title and mode of participation.
Please do not otherwise replicate the details of your letter in the email. Please note, your application is not submitted unless you send the file above.
If you have any questions regarding the ISSRNC’s travel grant program, then please contact Mark Peterson: firstname.lastname@example.org.