The India China Institute (ICI) at The New School supports research, teaching and discussion on India, China and the United States, with special focus on making comparisons and understanding interactions between the three countries as well as their joint impact on the rest of the world. ICI is the hub of an international network of scholars...
ICI just launched a new three-year, Luce funded initiative called the Sacred Himalaya Initiative (SHI), which explores the interconnections between everyday religion, ecology and sacred landscapes in the sacred Mount Kailash area of China.
Economies & Societies
This fall ICI will launch a new colloquium as part of the ongoing Economies and Societies Initiative, called the Colloquium on the Economies and Societies of India and China (CESIC).
3:30 pm Fourth Interdisciplinary Symposi... @ Zhejiang University
3:30 pm Fourth Interdisciplinary Symposi... @ Panjab University
3:30 pm Fourth Interdisciplinary Symposi... @ The New School
From graduate students to prominent senior scholars, ICI has built an impressive network of the brightest thinkers on India and China - related issues.
The Emerging Scholars initiative provides an opportunity for young scholars from India and China to present their ongoing research in a formal academic setting.
Each year ICI provides six New School students with a travel and research grant to study in India or China. Students work in the field and conduct academic research.
Student Fellows Blog
- China beats India to be top market for FIIs in Asia: HSBC November 26, 2014
- China, India home to 860 mn internet users: UN agency November 26, 2014
- Want to take Indian goods to China, says Alibaba's Jack Ma November 26, 2014
- China's AliBaba to invest more in India November 26, 2014
- China's Alibaba to invest more in India November 26, 2014
- India '2nd most loved mkt' in Asia with $1.4 bn FII flow: HSBC November 26, 2014
- At SAARC, Pakistan Rebuffed by India Over This China Issue November 26, 2014
- Exclusive: Want to take Indian goods to China, says Alibaba chairman Jack Ma November 26, 2014