The India China Institute (ICI) at The New School supports research, teaching and discussion on India, China and the United States, with special focus on making comparisons and understanding interactions between the three countries as well as their joint impact on the rest of the world. ICI is the hub of an international network of scholars...
ICI just launched a new three-year, Luce funded initiative called the Sacred Himalaya Initiative (SHI), which explores the interconnections between everyday religion, ecology and sacred landscapes in the sacred Mount Kailash area of China.
Economies & Societies
This fall ICI will launch a new colloquium as part of the ongoing Economies and Societies Initiative, called the Colloquium on the Economies and Societies of India and China (CESIC).
3:30 pm Fourth Interdisciplinary Symposi... @ Zhejiang University
3:30 pm Fourth Interdisciplinary Symposi... @ Panjab University
3:30 pm Fourth Interdisciplinary Symposi... @ The New School
From graduate students to prominent senior scholars, ICI has built an impressive network of the brightest thinkers on India and China - related issues.
The Emerging Scholars initiative provides an opportunity for young scholars from India and China to present their ongoing research in a formal academic setting.
Each year ICI provides six New School students with a travel and research grant to study in India or China. Students work in the field and conduct academic research.
Student Fellows Blog
- Obama as republic day guest: How PM Modi's move corners China and Russia November 22, 2014
- Thumbs Up for India and the Philippines November 22, 2014
- Creeping contests November 22, 2014
- Obama to visit India in January, talk with Modi November 22, 2014
- Thanks for Visiting India, PM Modi November 22, 2014
- Weekend Roundup: Is China Outpacing Mexico on the Rule of Law? November 22, 2014
- China Fuels Emerging Markets Rally: The Week In Review November 21, 2014
- 'China cyber attackers can shut down US infrastructure' November 21, 2014