The India China Institute (ICI) at The New School supports research, teaching and discussion on India, China and the United States, with special focus on making comparisons and understanding interactions between the three countries as well as their joint impact on the rest of the world. ICI is the hub of an international network of scholars...
ICI just launched a new three-year, Luce funded initiative called the Sacred Himalaya Initiative (SHI), which explores the interconnections between everyday religion, ecology and sacred landscapes in the sacred Mount Kailash area of China.
Economies & Societies
This fall ICI will launch a new colloquium as part of the ongoing Economies and Societies Initiative, called the Colloquium on the Economies and Societies of India and China (CESIC).
3:30 pm Fourth Interdisciplinary Symposi... @ Zhejiang University
3:30 pm Fourth Interdisciplinary Symposi... @ Panjab University
3:30 pm Fourth Interdisciplinary Symposi... @ The New School
From graduate students to prominent senior scholars, ICI has built an impressive network of the brightest thinkers on India and China - related issues.
The Emerging Scholars initiative provides an opportunity for young scholars from India and China to present their ongoing research in a formal academic setting.
Each year ICI provides six New School students with a travel and research grant to study in India or China. Students work in the field and conduct academic research.
Student Fellows Blog
- Man behind Operation Parakram sees China as big enemy November 24, 2014
- India reportedly aiming to catch up with China's fish production November 24, 2014
- Chinese Submarines And Indian ASW In The Indian Ocean – Analysis November 24, 2014
- Rijiju Allays Concerns over China's Dam on Brahmaputra November 24, 2014
- China communicating with India on cross-border river issue: spokeswoman November 24, 2014
- China communicating with India on cross-border river issue: Official November 24, 2014
- India Fears Natural Calamities as China Builds Hydropower Dam on Brahmaputra in Tibet November 24, 2014
- India names Doval as special envoy for China border talks November 24, 2014