The India China Institute (ICI) at The New School supports research, teaching and discussion on India, China and the United States, with special focus on making comparisons and understanding interactions between the three countries as well as their joint impact on the rest of the world. ICI is the hub of an international network of scholars...
ICI just launched a new three-year, Luce funded initiative called the Sacred Himalaya Initiative (SHI), which explores the interconnections between everyday religion, ecology and sacred landscapes in the sacred Mount Kailash area of China.
Economies & Societies
This fall ICI will launch a new colloquium as part of the ongoing Economies and Societies Initiative, called the Colloquium on the Economies and Societies of India and China (CESIC).
3:30 pm Fourth Interdisciplinary Symposi... @ Zhejiang University
3:30 pm Fourth Interdisciplinary Symposi... @ Panjab University
3:30 pm Fourth Interdisciplinary Symposi... @ The New School
From graduate students to prominent senior scholars, ICI has built an impressive network of the brightest thinkers on India and China - related issues.
The Emerging Scholars initiative provides an opportunity for young scholars from India and China to present their ongoing research in a formal academic setting.
Each year ICI provides six New School students with a travel and research grant to study in India or China. Students work in the field and conduct academic research.
Student Fellows Blog
- Indian, Chinese comapnies sign $1.5bn MoU November 27, 2014
- Pressure Grows for Rajan to Follow China Rate Cut as India Slows November 27, 2014
- India lags behind US, China and South Korea in investment in science & technology November 27, 2014
- 'Issue of Chinese submarines in Colombo taken up with Lanka' November 27, 2014
- India signs agreements with China to reduce trade deficit November 27, 2014
- India, Chinese Companies Ink $2.5 billion Agreements November 27, 2014
- 'Delhi-Chennai bullet train to bring untold dividends for India and China' November 27, 2014
- Situations in Sino-India border due to lack of common perception of LAC: India November 27, 2014