The India China Institute (ICI) at The New School supports research, teaching and discussion on India, China and the United States, with special focus on making comparisons and understanding interactions between the three countries as well as their joint impact on the rest of the world. ICI is the hub of an international network of scholars...
ICI just launched a new three-year, Luce funded initiative called the Sacred Himalaya Initiative (SHI), which explores the interconnections between everyday religion, ecology and sacred landscapes in the sacred Mount Kailash area of China.
Economies & Societies
This fall ICI will launch a new colloquium as part of the ongoing Economies and Societies Initiative, called the Colloquium on the Economies and Societies of India and China (CESIC).
3:30 pm Fourth Interdisciplinary Symposi... @ Zhejiang University
3:30 pm Fourth Interdisciplinary Symposi... @ Panjab University
3:30 pm Fourth Interdisciplinary Symposi... @ The New School
From graduate students to prominent senior scholars, ICI has built an impressive network of the brightest thinkers on India and China - related issues.
The Emerging Scholars initiative provides an opportunity for young scholars from India and China to present their ongoing research in a formal academic setting.
Each year ICI provides six New School students with a travel and research grant to study in India or China. Students work in the field and conduct academic research.
Student Fellows Blog
- 3 India ETFs to Watch After China Rate Cut November 25, 2014
- Pak joins chorus for bigger China role in Saarc, India says no November 25, 2014
- Living with China November 25, 2014
- India has over six crore diabetics, second only to China November 25, 2014
- 5.8-magnitude quake hits China's Sichuan province: Xinhua November 25, 2014
- China in Talks to Build India's First High-Speed Rail November 25, 2014
- India, China could sign a High Speed rail agreement soon November 25, 2014
- Samsung Galaxy A5 Price Revealed for China; India Release Date Still A Mystery November 25, 2014